September 1, 2011

The Good News

Thank you for all your empowering comments on yesterday's post. I am so lucky to have such a strong cheering squad :) Your words have prompted me to reflect on my goals and how I'm going to achieve them. More on that in the posts to come.

Today I am going to write about success.

Success #1 - Potty training success!

I have been longing to write about this since I first started my blog. Heck, to be honest, I had hoped that I would never have to write about this, but now that we reached this milestone, it is what it is.

It seems as thought our resolve to not purchase anymore diapers for Cate came at the right time. After a bumpy start, we persevered and kept her in big girl underwear. Since we took the diapers away, there have only been 4 accidents, three of which happened within a three hour span on day 2.

We are still putting a pull-up on her at night, but for the most part she wakes up dry, just sometimes she's too tired/lazy/stubborn to get to the potty in the first few mintues of waking. She has about 25 more pull-ups (the crummy ones that don't protect very well) before we run out and I'm hopeful that will be it.


Success #2 - Skinny jeans!

Today I bought my first pair of skinny jeans! I can't remember if I blogged about it, but a few weeks ago I tried on a pair of skinny jeans at Joe Fresh. Now I love Joe Fresh, but I have yet to properly fit into a pair of their pants (yoga pants excluded). They looked ridiculous and were obviously not made for anyone who has had a baby.
Obviously, this is what I look like in my
skinny jeans. It's such a close match
that it wasn't worth taking a picture....

I was doing a little retail therapy today and wandered into the Esprit outlet store. I don't usually shop at places like this because their size Large is usually another store's Small, however, I was feeling adventurous and thought I'd take a look. I saw these jeans and thought the cut looked good. I hummed and hawed for a few minutes until I decided to give them a try.

I searched through the rack for my size, realizing that they bucked the trend by using measurements rather than sizes... grrr... women don't shop like that! I went to the back of the rack and pulled out the biggest size they had. They still looked pretty tiny...

I ventured to the change room and got down to business. I slowly started wiggling my way into them. Wow, they made it over my "riding calves"... next rolled up over my thighs... I'm sure I won't be able to do up the button... OMG! I did them up!!! They weren't a perfect fit, but as with most jeans, it takes a few hours to wear them in and stretch them out a bit... Good enough. I bought them if only for the fact that I could do up the button!

I've wore them around this afternoon and they are now feeling pretty good. The rise is a little low for my liking, but hopefully with a few more weeks of good core workouts, they will be just fine :)

2 comments:

Kataroo said...

this is SWEET Success!!!! SWEET SKIINY JEANS SUCCESS :) You need to bookmark this page and the next time you doubt yourself come read this :)

and YEAH CATE!!!!!

Tara said...

2 words.....WOOT WOOT!