March 28, 2011

Monday Fun Day

I went out shopping today with my good friend who is getting married in June. The first stop was the bridal shoppe where we all ordered our dresses. She had a fitting for her dress and this was the first time I saw it - it's stunning and SO PERFECT for her. For fear of her hubby to be reading this, I will hold back from posting the pictures I took...

Next was my turn. I was worried about the fit of the dress given the style and not knowing how accurate the size would be - but, lo and behold - it fit! With a little help, I was even able to zip it up! The best part is that it's actually a little tight, so I have room to lose a few more pounds before needing to get it taken in. The last time I was a bridesmaid was while I was on Dr Bernstein's and the bride's poor mother had to alter my dress 3 times in the span of 4 months!

Next we went shopping for shoes and a few dresses for other upcoming occasions. I had seen a dress at Winners that I loved on the rack and had hoped buy it as inspiration to lose the weight before Maddie's baptism at the end of May. Well... I got to the fitting room and realized I couldn't even get the dress over my shoulders! The bottom of the hem was so narrow and didn't have a slit. Sometimes, there's a reason certain pieces end up at Winners.

While waiting in the fitting room for my friend, I noticed this:


How brilliant is this? An ad for hairdye in a fitting room! Kudos to the marketing team at Clairol for thinking outside of the box to advertise their product inside a store fitting room. The target demographic is bang on and the ad is perfect. Right away I recognized the "hair dye fairy godmother" from their commercials. My only disappointment is that I only saw it in one of the rooms.

I ended my fun day out shopping with the last night of my 30 day cleanse! I'll check my weight tomorrow, but as of this morning, I was down 15 lbs in 30 days. Hubby and I will take tomorrow "off" and have a steak dinner with baked potato, but then will start another 30 day cleanse on Wednesday.

On the schedule for tomorrow is Cate's first day of French Preschool. I can't wait to see how she does. We've been working on the key phrases she needs to know:

Je m'appelle Cate. (My name is Cate)

J'ai besoin d'aide. (I need help)

J'ai besoin d'aller à la toilette. (I need to go to the washroom)

She has also learned how to count to 10 in English, French, and Spanish (thanks Dora!)

Here's a little video to prove it!



1 comment:

Kataroo said...

Beautiful girl in the dress :) :) :)