April 30, 2011

Secrets Revealed

Last night was a great success!

We hosted a co-ed wedding shower for a friend and had a great time. My mom came by in the afternoon to pick up both kids AND the dog. I'll admit that it was strange to have such a quiet house for a couple hours! I got all dressed up for the occasion and thoroughly enjoyed the wine :)

IMGP1642

For the weeks leading up to the party I've been working on a "secret fondant project" which some of you may have noticed by my Facebook status updates. Well now is the time for the big reveal!

I made Bride and Groom Cookies!

IMGP1619

IMGP1456

IMGP1436

IMGP1442

IMGP1658

IMGP1656

IMGP1650


I also got crafty and altered some gift bags to make these...

IMGP1649

IMGP1626

IMGP1624



We asked the guests to give the couple a gift that corresponds to a piece of marital advice. We gave them these...

IMGP1625

IMGP1627


We gave the bride-to-be a pair of crystal candle holders and we gave the groom some diamond shaped crystal paperweights. I had a lot of fun shopping and preparing for the party and also really enjoyed taking pictures of everything along the way :)

The weekend of celebrations has just begun and tonight is the Bachelorette party...

5 comments:

Lea Werthman said...

spectacular! you are an amazing friend to have done all of this - hope the rest of the weekend is as perfect as the cookies!

Marilyn Jolly said...

Amazing!

You could run a shoppe out of your house for those fantastic cookines!

Kataroo said...

I AM IN AWE of your cookies and craftiness :) and you look beautiful too :)

Catherine said...

Not only did the cookies look great but they tasted amazing.

dinglies@rogers.com said...

Those cookies are amazing!! You have an eye for design Laura, seriously.