I'm not feeling very "deep" these days and so rather than getting into a big long blog post, I'm just going to share a whole bunch of random things going on right now!
- I have less than 4 weeks before I go back to work. I'm enjoying my last days at home getting ready for the holidays. Maddie has also started daycare 2 days per week, which is great because I actually have 2 days at home without kids! What a treat!
- We hosted our annual Christmas party on Sunday. We kicked off the season with friends and family. This year there was a ton of kids! We had to laugh at how our parties have changed over the last few years. They are definitely more kid-centric now! Thanks to everyone who came out - so great to see you all!
- I've finished all my Christmas shopping, but somehow keep finding reasons to buy more...
- I did 500 crunches at the gym this morning. I've decided that I need to start focusing on certain areas and the baby belly is one of them! My ab workout went a little like this... 50 regular crunches, 50 toes up, 50 heels up, 50 legs up/bum lifts, 50 legs up & down, 50 side-to-side obliques, 50 right side, 50 left side, 50 regular crunches, 50 knee tucks. I'm just hopeful that I'm not in too much pain tomorrow!
- I'm participating in a push-up challenge set out by the Losing it in Ottawa community. My goal by the end of the month is to do 30 push-ups from my toes, followed by 5 one-leg push ups on each side. I've upped the ante by telling everyone they have to videotape themselves doing it! I will share it on here at the end of the month!
- I have my first donation for Bust-a-Move! (Thanks Mom!) Only $970 left to raise... Want to help me out? go here.
- Finally, Maddie learned how to clap last week! She is so proud to show off her new moves. Here's a video:
(Please forgive the narrow picture - I'm still learning how to film with my iPhone!)