December 7, 2011

Midweek Randoms - December 7, 2011


I'm not feeling very "deep" these days and so rather than getting into a big long blog post, I'm just going to share a whole bunch of random things going on right now!

  • I have less than 4 weeks before I go back to work. I'm enjoying my last days at home getting ready for the holidays. Maddie has also started daycare 2 days per week, which is great because I actually have 2 days at home without kids! What a treat!
  • We hosted our annual Christmas party on Sunday. We kicked off the season with friends and family. This year there was a ton of kids! We had to laugh at how our parties have changed over the last few years. They are definitely more kid-centric now! Thanks to everyone who came out - so great to see you all!
  • I've finished all my Christmas shopping, but somehow keep finding reasons to buy more... 
  • I did 500 crunches at the gym this morning. I've decided that I need to start focusing on certain areas and the baby belly is one of them! My ab workout went a little like this... 50 regular crunches, 50 toes up, 50 heels up, 50 legs up/bum lifts, 50 legs up & down, 50 side-to-side obliques, 50 right side, 50 left side, 50 regular crunches, 50 knee tucks. I'm just hopeful that I'm not in too much pain tomorrow!
  • I'm participating in a push-up challenge set out by the Losing it in Ottawa community. My goal by the end of the month is to do 30 push-ups from my toes, followed by 5 one-leg push ups on each side. I've upped the ante by telling everyone they have to videotape themselves doing it! I will share it on here at the end of the month!
  • I have my first donation for Bust-a-Move! (Thanks Mom!) Only $970 left to raise... Want to help me out? go here.
  • Finally, Maddie learned how to clap last week! She is so proud to show off her new moves. Here's a video:


(Please forgive the narrow picture - I'm still learning how to film with my iPhone!)

2 comments:

Kataroo said...

500 crunches!!! that's insane! how do your abs feel tonight?
I'm really going to miss you when you go back to work, its been really fun spending so much time with you :)

Sasha said...

I love that time "off" before work starts again - I made sure to get some with both of my girls. I'm way behind the times here, though - how are you enjoying your 2 days a week?