December 1, 2011

Bust a Move

So, if you're an avid reader of the Losing it in Ottawa blog, then you know that on Wednesday this week Pam issued a challenge. Not one to back down, I kept reading with excitement.

The challenge itself was to register for Bust a Move, a unique, home grown fundraising event first organized by the QEII and IWK Foundations in Halifax. Six hours of exercise, heart pumping music, up to 800 participants and fundraising for world-class breast health services. 

She went even one step further to say that she has joined up with a team. In response, we, the Losing it in Ottawa community, have created our own team to make the challenge even more exciting.

This will be the event's first time in Ottawa and I'm excited to be a part of it. 

There is, however, a catch.

In order to be allowed to participate on April 21, 2012, each participant must raise a minimum of $1,000. 

I almost backed out after I read that. I don't think I've ever raised more than $100 for anything, even selling delicious girl guide cookies back in the day. After some encouragement from my fellow LIIO team mates, I registered.

So now it's your turn. 

I'm sure that every single one of you knows someone affected by breast cancer. For me, it's two - my Aunt and an old work colleague. I'm happy to say that both are survivors. They would not be if it weren't for donations and fundraisers like this to support research and advancement.

I've done the math and if everyone who reads my blog on a regular basis donates $20, I should be able to meet the $1,000 minimum amount in no time. So please, pretty please, sponsor me for Bust a Move right here: https://ottawacancer.akaraisin.com/pledge/Participant/Home.aspx?seid=4542&mid=9&pid=731068

For more incentive, I am offering this - If I get enough donations to participate, I will gladly post a picture (or several pictures) of me wearing a tutu while busting a move. Yes, that's right, a tutu.

No comments: