May 23, 2011

The Real Cost of Social Media

I stumbled across this and wanted to share.

It's great to see some real results from known brands.

A few weeks ago, I went through a bunch of the Facebook suggested pages. I became a fan of a number of them. Since then, I've had to remove some for over advertising. Some of the artists that I follow started creating events for every gig that they play. They do this all at once and end up flooding my news feed with information on concerts held 2000 kms away. Some of the TV shows are created by the same production company and so all their updates are very similar. It gets a bit redudant.

I think it's important for Community Managers to be aware of what their putting out in the online universe. Too much activity can very easily turn people off your brand. I think that all marketers should personally follow the pages they run to ensure that their messages are perceived the right way.

What do you think? What turns you on or off of social media marketing?

No comments: