July 20, 2011

20 Minute Challenge

Tonight, we participated in the Running Room's 20 Minute Challenge. It was a family affair and hubby met us on his way home from work. We also met up with some friends and their girls. The kids had a great time (despite the scorching heat) and were pleased to run to the finish line to collect their juice and timbits!

Here are a few pics in our very flattering fluorescent orange hats!


Ready for the walk!

Waiting for Daddy...


Family photo!
Ignore Cate's mouthful of water...
The other picture showed her choking on it...


BFFs

It's crazy to think of how much fun we had and that only a couple of months ago I would have never (realistically) considered doing something like this, when in fact, it was the perfect solution to the end of a cleanse day! I am so glad to be on this journey of self improvement because I can see the positive effects it has on my family every single day.


Oh yeah... 3 more sleeps until the Mitsubishi City Chase...

We are anticipating a first and second place finish (Team Carew first, Team Squires second, obviously)

Think you can give us a run for our money? Not doing anything on Saturday? Find a partner and sign up here!

Want to sponsor Team Carew for the win? You can do so here! Just go to "Pledge an Athlete" and search for "Team Carew"!

3 comments:

Kataroo said...

On the way home I told Ryan that I thought it was really cool that the kids got to be part of a big group of people wearing silly orange hats and doing something active and then enjoying a little treat...that they got to think hey this is normal a bunch of people out walking and running. If they grow up like that, they are going to be so far ahead of where I was.

Ps. Can't wait to share beers Sat and stories of Team Squires stealing the win :)

Laura said...

Challenge Accepted. Rob said he's not above tripping at the finish line...

Kataroo said...

LOL I am so stupid...at first I was like why would he trip at the finish line...DUHHHHH.....oh man sometimes I swear I must be blond at heart.