July 6, 2011

The Pouch Eliminator

One of the novelties of losing weight is trying on clothes. I have big rubbermaid bins of clothing from years past that I try on every few weeks to find the next couples of pieces that fit or are getting close. I did this last about a month ago and took out a couple of pairs of pants that were close to fitting. Both pants I could slide all the way up, but for some unknown reason, when I did the button up, I looked like a big old oatmeal muffin...

I've noticed a huge shift in the way clothes fit. Before children, I would find out that pants don't fit as soon as the waist hit my thighs. Now I'm in a whole new world that gives me hopes as they make their way all the way up, sometimes even zip right up, it's just that darn button that keeps them at the bottom of the pile. For that same reason, once the pants actually fit around the waist, they get a little baggy in the legs and hips (ie. droopy bum syndrome).

With that being said, it's obvious that one of my main goals right now is to focus on my core (ie. pouch) to help me fit into pants properly. My dear friend Katie showed me this nifty little exercise that targets exactly what I (and every women who's carried a baby) need to do to make that duffle bag shrink into a small change purse.


I did this exercise yesterday and miraculously today I fit into one of those pairs of pants. I can't say for sure this is the reason, but it certainly didn't hurt!

1 comment:

Kataroo said...

oh crap I just spit my tea out onto my screen!!!! Lord Love Ya :)