July 31, 2011

Indulgence

Following my last post, I've relaxed the rules a little bit and have been enjoying a few treats. I had an omelette for breakfast on Friday, shared an ice cream cone with Cate yesterday afternoon and even had a few Doritos last night while watching a movie. The best part was that the scale stayed about even the whole time.

Today was a little too indulgent and I am now feeling the effects of such a high-cal day. I'm burnt out and didn't make it to the gym. We had hubby's family over for dinner and so I made some fresh Chicken Burgers accompanied by a Grilled Corn & Avocado Salad as well as a random pasta salad that I concocted out of leftovers in the cupboards (veggie rotini, red pepper, onion, dried cranberries, parsley and a garlic hummus dressing). Both were a hit and I was able to send home leftovers with our guests, however there is still a bit of the avocado salad left and it is calling my name...

As a part of this new resolve to try to increase my metabolism, I'm trying to decide whether or not I should cleanse tomorrow. I've listed the pros and cons below:

Pros:
  • I could do BodyFlow at 9am and that is the perfect cleanse day exercise
  • Hubby is cleansing tomorrow
  • I don't have any plans that would make it difficult
  • I shouldn't cleanse on Wednesday if I want to try the new Saunders Farm exercise class (right Trish?)

Cons:
  • I don't want to ruin the progress I've made on the weekend by introducing more calories and maintaining the weight.
  • Most importantly, the leftover avocado salad will not last until Tuesday...

What do you think? I could use some guidance...

2 comments:

Tara said...

Maybe.....if you are looking to change a few things up, start doing a cleanse a day. Do your daily routine, but start your day with your cleanse drink. The drink with help break down carbs so be concious of your caloric/carb intake. And try doing a cleanse day every 14th day for 2 days. Let me know if you want to chat more about it.

Kataroo said...

AYE...don't get me started on indulgence LOL....skipped my run today, went to McD's for lunch during the 4 hr drive home...pop tarts in the car..and now well why not top it off with beer and pizza :) It would seem I fall under the if your going to do it, do it right category :) LOL