October 26, 2011

Weekly Wrap-up - October 26, 2011


Overall weight lost: Not looking...

Weight lost this week: Not looking...

Work outs: Thursday - Strength (60 mins) & Cardio (20 mins) / Friday - Yoga (60 mins) / Saturday - Off / Sunday - Off / Monday - Workout @ Home (15 mins) / Tuesday - Strength (55 mins) & Walk/Run (60 mins) / Wednesday Off (Maddie Sick)

Accomplishments: The week started off strong. I managed to get 2 strength workouts in, which is more than I have been of late. In addition, I've been really excited to run again - isn't that weird? Sadly, Maddie woke up with a fever today and so I had to cancel my weekly run date with Katie. Hubby and I have been planning a weekly run date at my in-laws, but we still have yet to get out there and do it since we've been so busy this week. We'll try again for next week...



Dark Chocolate Guiness Cake with Bailey's Buttercream Icing

Challenges: This past week was a real good/bad example of black and white "dieting". I was off the rails this weekend, and then Monday I made this DELICIOUS cake for hubby's birthday. The Bailey's Buttercream icing has to be the most heavenly thing I have ever tasted. Needless to say, some was consumed during the baking process... 

The big problem I have with desserts is that I can completely live without them, but once I indulge two nights in a row, it quickly becomes a routine and here I sit CRAVING something sweet tonight. The up side is that there is nothing in our house that will satisfy this craving; the down side is that hubby is ready and willing to go out and buy something if I say the word. Good thing you can't buy a slice of the delicious cake anywhere nearby...

Thoughts: I am still focused on getting through our vacation without going hogwild. I think that daily exercise will be the key to staying focused all day. I'm hopeful that hubby will join me in the gym and take advantage of my folks staying in the condo with us. 

Stay focused. Stay focused. Stay focused.

3 comments:

Kataroo said...

I sit here craving sweets something awful and now I am looking at that damn cake...off to make a hot choc :)

Tara said...

I am starting a 30day cleanse on Tuesday, I might have to make that darn cake before then.....darn you Laura!
I may be joining your workout group soon....

Laura said...

Tara - We would LOVE you in our workout group. Just say the word and you're in!